If you experience any issues, check out the troubleshooting section below. As reported by MacRumors, with the new software upgrade, the Apple Watch now has new features, improvements, and bug fixes. In any circumstances that a user’s Apple Watch is encountering a problem, an alert will appear on a user’s iPhone prompting to restore the Apple Watch to its previous state.
To do this, connect your phone to its lightning cable and long press the Home button while connecting it to your system. Holding the Home button, open iTunes on your system until you see its symbol on your device. Now, you can take the assistance of iTunes to restore it.
- Go to Microsoft Store and search for iTunes.
- Sometimes, however, firmware updates won’t install correctly and your device may not function properly.
- That is using professional iOS system recovery tools such as TunesKit iOS System Recovery, an application to get rid of the iPhone firmware not compatible problem for good.
- After you uninstall antivirus software, the issue “The iPhone could not be updated/restored because the firmware file was corrupt or is not compatible” mostly goes away.
Try the general steps outlined here first to address the corrupt firmware file error you are seeing. There is a link to contact Apple Support if you still need help after trying these steps.Get help with iOS update and restore errorsTake care. When your iPhone (or iPad and iPod Touch) has a black screen and is unresponsive, you can hard reset the iPhone to troubleshoot the iPhone black screen of death.
- You’ll see several DMG (Apple Disk Image) and PLIST (Property List) files, including a folder holding the iPhone, iPad, or iPod firmware, if you ever choose to extract one.
- Make sure that the internet you are connected to is stable.
- An iPhone is made of small components and it’ll go wrong if some of them fall apart after a hard drop or continuous vibration.
- And then, tap Reset All Settings to restore to factory default.
When stock ROM you received an error message that tells “Word experienced an error trying to open the file…”, the .docx Word file is not corrupted. It could be locked in a read-only state.